CGIF 2022 Russell Award Winners
There were no posters presented at the all-virtual 2022 meeting and thus the awards are all for podium presentations made by Young investigators and Graduate students.
- Jae Won Lee, Department of Animal Sciences, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, Urbana, IL, USA
Title: Structure-mechanism of bacterial 20α-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase (DesC) and CRISPR-Cas9 engineering of desC for constitutive expression in Escherichia coli.
- Christina Welch, University of Georgia, Athens, GA, USA
Title: Fecal matter transplantation restores the gastrointestinal microbial populations following a traumatic brain injury in a pediatric porcine model.
- Thea Andersen, Norwegian University of Life Sciences, As, Norway
Title: Genome-centric metaproteomics reveals metabolic influence of the ciliate Entodinium caudatum within the rumen microbiome.
- Sara Tondini, University of Illinois at Urbana- Champaign, Urbana, IL, USA
Title: Polyclonal antibodies inhibit growth of key cellulolytic rumen bacterial species.
- Kelly Mitchell, Department of Animal Sciences, The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH, USA
Title: Branched-chain volatile fatty acid conversion into branched-chain amino acids and lipid synthesis in dual-flow cultures varying in forage and polyunsaturated fatty acid concentrations.